Auxilio Bone Marrow Transplant Program
At Auxilio, we are committed to innovate and provide new health services and treatments. Our goal is and will always be improve the quality of life of our patients and their families.
The mission of our Bone Marrow Transplant Program is to provide special care of the highest possible level to all our patients through a multidisciplinary lens that integrates our values of innovation, collaboration and empathy. Our main objective is to ensure better are while taking into consideration all the possible physical, psychological and emotional factors that may influence your health.
Our innovative program offers:
Outstanding medical faculty
- Dr. Alexis M. Cruz Chacón, Board Certified ABIM with a sub specialty in autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplant in adult patients
- Medical teams of sub specialists that have extensive experience in caring for transplant patients
Careful environmental controls
- Pressurized air units
- High efficiency air filters that keep our air 99.99% impurity free
- Exclusive ultraviolet lamps for effective room and area disinfecting
- Designed to provide all the comforts of a suite
Integrated philosophy of well-being
- Psychological care
- Exercise areas
- Complementary activities such as: live musical impact, arts and crafts, makeovers, spiritual support, humor-therapy, literary distraction among others
Now, we incorporated allogeneic transplants to our Bone Marrow Transplant Program. With this program a person may receive stem cells that are formed in the blood of a genetically similar, yet not identical, donor.
This treatment consists of collecting the donor’s stem cells through the process of aphaeresis. After this, these cells are infused in the patient intravenously. To finalize the transplant, we begin a period of monitoring as we wait to go to the ambulatory phase of the transplant. The ambulatory phase consists of a close watch of the patient for the next two months.