Auxilio Mutuo Hospital provides all the medical services necessary to help you during your recovery. Nuclear Medicine is a specialized area that uses small doses of radioactive materials or radiopharmaceuticals to examine the structure and functions of the human body. Nuclear Medicine studies are safe and accessible to all patients, including pediatric patients.
The Nuclear Medicine department offers services that evaluate all of the body’s systems. We have 2 gamma chambers, a modern SPECT/CT, a PET/CT, and bone densitometry equipment. We have at your disposal a wide array of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to help you care for your health and provide an early diagnosis.
- PET/CT – oncologic and neurologic evaluations
- Myocardial perfusion SPECT/CT – evaluates ischemia, viability and function of the myocardium
- Bone Scan and Bone SPECT/CT – evaluates malignant metastasis and bone pain causes
- Brain SPECT/CT – evaluates certain neurological conditions
- Parathyroid SPECT/CT – identifies parathyroid adenomas
- MUGA Scan – cardiac function
- Thyroid Scan and Uptake – evaluation of thyroid functions
- Renal Scan – examines conditions that may affect renal functions
- V/Q Lung Scan – pulmonary embolism
- Gallium Scan – for infections or inflammatory conditions, tumors and abscesses
- Nuclear Venogram – Deep vein thrombosis
- Hida Scan with CCKK – evaluates biliary system functions
- Gastric Emptying – evaluates gastric functions
- Liver and Spleen Scan – evaluates liver and spleen conditions
- Lymphoscintigraphy – lymph node system
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) – evaluates conditions that affect bone porosity
- Thyroid cancer
Nuclear Medicine studies require a doctor’s referral. Our staff will guide you through the procedures and necessary preparation for our services.
(787) 758-2000, ext. 1250, 1551, 1564
Make an appointment