Admission to the Hospital and Pre-Admission
Our Admissions and Pre-Admissions Department provides comfortable, spacious facilities and trained staff to make your access to Hospital Español Auxilio Mutuo easier, based on your needs and medical requirements.
Our business hours offer our patients and medical faculty the convenience of coordinating the admissions process from the doctor’s office. We have a Bed Manager available, whose primary role is to facilitate access to rooms based on the level of care recommended by the doctor.
The Pre-Admissions Center offers the following services: Patient Check-In, Phlebotomy, Radiology, Electrocardiogram (EKG), Blood Bank, Graduate Nurses, Anesthesia, and Case Management, aimed at advising the patient on all aspects related to the preparations needed for the pre-surgery process. For the patient’s convenience, we have Internists available to conduct the corresponding medical evaluation prior to a surgery ordered by a surgeon.
The recommended time for the pre-admission process is a minimum of five business days prior to the date of the surgery or procedure. If you bring the results from your lab tests or electrocardiograms, they must not exceed more than 30 days at the moment of the surgery or procedure.
Requirements for Pre-Admission:
- Medical order identified with the patient's full name and date of surgery (ORIGINAL).
- Consent for Operation completed by your doctor.
- Medical History and Physical completed by your doctor.
- Medical insurance card and photo identification.
- To verify whether pre-authorization is needed, patients are recommended to contact their health insurance directly.
- Written Approval or Authorization Number from the primary medical insurance. (Coordinated by DOCTOR’S OFFICE and PATIENT/FAMILY if applicable).
- Coordination of prostheses and implants between the medical insurance and supplier company. (Coordinated by the DCTOR’S OFFICE).
- Bring referrals from your primary care doctor for Hospital, Anesthesia, and Internal Medicine. (MEDICARE PLATINUM)
Pre-authorization requirements may vary according to health insurance or medical coverage, and in some cases it may require documentation that must be referred to by the surgeon’s office or doctor that makes the referral.
The Pre-Admission Center business hours (by appointment only) are from Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
To schedule your appointment, please call (787) 758-2000, ext. 1013 or 1016 from Monday to Friday (except holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Please have the admissions order and health insurance car at hand when scheduling your appointment.
The Admissions Department deals with the admission of patients referred from medical offices, transferred from other institutions, and patients admitted through our adult and pediatric Emergency Rooms.
Admission from a Medical Office
An appointed physician with active privileges at Auxilio Mutuo can communicate with our department directly to reserve a bed. Once the bed has been reserved, the patient has up to two hours to come to our Admissions office, located in the main lobby, to register and be escorted to his/her room.
Admission Through the Emergency Rooms
If a patient visiting our Emergency Rooms is admitted to the hospital, the staff from this area will electronically process the documents needed for admission and for assigning beds. Once the patient is assigned to a room, he or she is escorted and assisted by our hospital staff in carrying his/her belongings.
Admissions business hours are from 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM, seven days a week. For more information, please call (787) 758-2000, ext. 3634 or 3633